Model 581 & 582
Cast Carbon Steel Screwed and
Socket Weld End Y Strainers
Sizes: 1⁄4″ – 2″ (6 – 50mm)
• Used extensively to strain foreign matter from pipelines and provide economical protection for costly pumps, meters, valves, and other similar mechanical equipment.
• These are especially critical where weld debris is often present in the pipeline.
• Well suited for long service in high pressure and temperature applications.
• Machined seats in both body and cap align and lock the screen in place to stop sediment bypass.
• Machined seats facilitate alignment and accurate reseating after servicing.
• Straight threaded, gasketed cap is used for easy disassembly and assembly. Many others use Loctite, rendering disassembly virtually impossible.
• Heavy duty, rugged bodies with extra heavy bore.
• Self-cleaning is accomplished by opening the plug or valve connected to the blowoff outlet
• Outlets are NPT tapped
• Sizes of tapping specified on next page
• Not normally furnished with plug. Plug available, specify with order.
• Blind caps are also available, specify with order.
• Generously proportioned bodies
• Open Area Ratio much greater than pipe size, ensuring low pressure drop
• See Pressure Drop Charts in Technical Data Section of the Mueller Steam Specialty Engineering binder.
Dimensions and Weights
Mueller Steam Specialty product specifications in U.S. customary units and metric are approximate and are provided for reference only. For precise measurements,
please contact Mueller Steam Specialty Technical Service. Mueller Steam Specialty reserves the right to change or modify product design, construction,
specifications, or materials without prior notice and without incurring any obligation to make such changes and modifications on Mueller Steam Specialty products
previously or subsequently sold.