Ball-Plex™ Cast Iron Flanged End Duplex Strainers
Sizes: 3⁄4″ – 6″ (20 – 150mm)
Strainers provide economical protection for costly pumps, meters, valves, and other similar mechanical equipment by straining foreign matter from the connected piping system.
Installation of a strainer before mechanical equipment can ensure trouble free service and avoid costly shutdowns for repair or replacement of equipment damaged by foreign matter.
The size of the perforation or mesh in the basket screen will determine the smallest particles captured. See Strainer Information section of the Mueller Steam Specialty Engineering binder
for detailed information including sizes and materials available.
• Duplex Strainers are designed for use in fluid handling systems where the flow cannot be shut down for basket cleaning.
• Typical services include cooling water, compressors, condensers, fire lines, fuel lines, lubrication systems, salt and fresh water systems, chemical process systems,
pump suction service, and more.
• Consider strainer body and screen material as well as gasket and seat materials for suitability for particular service.
• Ball-Plex™ Duplex Strainers use 3-way balls as the diverter valves
• Balls are 316SS for corrosion resistance, strength, and resistance to build-up of solids on the balls’ surfaces.
• PTFE seats provide bubble-tight sealing, superior to metal seats in other designs. This eliminates potentially dangerous leakage into the chamber being cleaned.
• Two part body casting allows true and easy in-line service
• After removal of the cover and basket, all working parts are easily accessible even with the unit in line.
• The handle covers the pressurized chamber. This prevents accidental opening of the pressurized chamber, and allows easy access to the chamber to be cleaned.
• Large open area ratios ensure minimum pressure drop across the unit.
• See Technical Data section of the Mueller Steam Specialty Engineering binder for pressure drop charts.
Dimensions and Weights
Mueller Steam Specialty product specifications in U.S. customary units and metric are approximate and are provided for reference only. For precise measurements,
please contact Mueller Steam Specialty Technical Service. Mueller Steam Specialty reserves the right to change or modify product design, construction,
specifications, or materials withou